Monday, May 20, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
Date: 25th March 2013
It gives me immense pleasure to write to you for the last time as Chairman of a vibrant branch of this part of Western Region. Today I am laying down this esteemed office.
As I am penning down my last communication, I am filled with mixed emotions …
It all started three years ago. The members of Kolhapur Branch elected 6 of us and it was the first term as managing committee member of all six of us. Though all six of us had worked for branch in various capacities, none of us had experience as member of managing committee. This was a big challenge for us. But we were not afraid of this responsibility as our sole objective was to work in best interest of members of branch & profession. In our very first meeting I urged my fellow members in committee that we will work cohesively and if our relations do not strengthen over the term of committee, we will take care that they will not worsen. And by God’s grace, there was not a single incidence of dispute amongst us.
Besides regular traditional seminars like that of Bank Branch Audit, Tax Audit, VAT Audit etc, and various teleconferences, we organized several novel seminars on topics/ issues which were need of changing times and were essential for updating/enhancing knowledge of members. Most of the programs were well received and appreciated by members. Members from nearby cities were also happy with the quality of programs organized by our branch and congratulated us for our sincere efforts.
Following were highlights of the various initiatives for members
· First ever Advanced Course on Audit of Co-operative Societies was hosted by our branch.
· Intensive Study Course on Service Tax
· Tax Convention, jointly organized with Sangli Branch. More than 300 members participated in this conference.
· Workshop on Audit Features in Tally.ERP
· Five Day Workshop on Advanced Excel
· Two day Workshop on “Enabling Service Tax Practice”
· Workshop on “Financial Reporting Practices“
· Workshop on Capacity Building Measures for Small & Medium Firms
· Common Accounting System for PACS
· Two day Conference at Mahabaleshwar jointly organized with Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad, Nagpur Branches & Satara CPE Chapter of WIRC. First ever conference where so many branches of WIRC came together.
· Dissemination of important information to members through blog, email & sms
· Branch blog where members can get soft copies of seminar material.
· All major courses like ISA, Co-operative Course, were organized by branch.
· Sports activities for members
· Family get together & cultural programs.
Along with these activities for members, we also arranged various programs for our students. Besides regular batches of GMCS Course, IT Training & Orientation Course, we organized several programs, few of them were organized for the first time by our branch. We received over whelming response from students for all the activities. The growing student participation encouraged us to make a request for WICASA branch and I am happy to inform that the request has been accepted and recently we have received the notification to this effect.
Following were highlights of the various initiatives for Students
· Full day seminars
· Lecture meetings
· Quiz Competition & Elocution Contest. This was organized for the first time during our term. In the very first year i.e. in 2011, winner of Branch Elocution Contest went ahead and won the Regional Level Elocution Contest and participated in National Level Elocution Contest. It was a glorious achievement!
· First ever Industrial Visit was organized in February 2013
· Cultural program of Students was the much awaited event of the annual calendar. This too was organized for the first time during our tenure.
· Mock test for CPT students.
· Refresher Courses for IPCC/Final Students.
· Workshop on Advanced Excel
· Career Counseling programs
· Reading room facility.
We also fulfilled our social responsibility by participating in various social activities.
Highlights of our other initiatives
· Blood donation camps
· Organized Investor Awareness Programs for Ministry of Company Affairs.
· Co-ordinated with Shivaji University in organization of seminar on IFRS for teachers.
· Tax Awareness Program for public jointly with Income Tax Department, Kolhapur and Daily Sakal.
· Public programs on Union Budget jointly with Daily Sakal and Daily Pudhari.
These initiatives definitely helped to enhance image of our Institute in public eye as “Partner in Nation Building.”
These were the major initiatives/achievements of our branch during our tenure. And to top it, was the fulfillment of dream of every member of Kolhapur Branch, “ICAI Bhawan, Kolhapur”. Our branch acquired premises of around 12,500 sq.fts. This achievement was historic and the biggest of all. Whole hearted support of Hon. President CA Jaydeep Shah and Central Council Member CA S B Zaware Sir, along with prayers and good wishes of all members were significant in fulfilling our dream. Besides this, the cohesiveness among the managing committee members of branch was also equally important.
Personally for me, it was an incredible journey. It has been a great learning experience. In between this wonderful journey I lost few friends but gained many more. The mission of acquiring premises for Branch was accomplished. I had not expected such a happy ending. It’s better than I ever thought it would be. . .
On a happy note, I take this opportunity to thank you all for your support, guidance & good wishes and wish you all the best in both professional and personal life.
CA Anil B Jadhav
Chairman, Kolhapur Branch of WIRC of ICAI
Visit Branch Blog: www.kolhapur-icai.blogspot.com
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
The President and the Members of the Council
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
cordially invite you to the
Inauguration of ICAI Tower
(Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai)
Shri Sachin Pilot
Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs (I/C)
Friday, the 15th March, 2013 at 10.00 A.M.
Plot No.C-40, ‘G’ Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai